Its been really good month to know about our families and friends due to self isolation. FaceTime is the best source to connect people we loves. As there are so many smart TVs including apple TV and android TV out there, people are using TV screens for video calls. There is separate tutorial on facetime for pc if you want it.
We are here to teach you how to video calls from smart TVs specially how to do FaceTime video calls from Apple TV and without Apple TV. Apple TV has option to air display broadcasting from your iPhone, iPad and Mac OS X. Android TV has no option regarding display broadcasting. But with few tricks, we can use FaceTime on tv without apple tv.
Facetime On Apple TV
Its easy to use FaceTime video calls on apple tv as apple tv has default option that is Called “AirPlay”. You can mirror your FaceTime video calls through apple TV via Airplay. There are few steps that we should be followed in-order to call via apple tv. Follow the steps carefully.
Step 1: connect your device like iPhone, iPad or MAC on the same network that your apple television is using.
Step 2: Make sure your iPhone, iPad or MAC has bluetooth and WiFi which is turned on.
Step 3: swipe up or down depends on your device and OS to see control panel option. See the following video to understand.
Step 4: Now you can see your display in Apple TV. Just simply place video call from FaceTime and you’ll see your camera is broadcasting from your iPhone, iPad or Mac Device to your Apple Television.
Few Things should be considered to know:
- Facetime video and audio call will be broadcast through your mobile or laptop devices not from your television while sharing the screen.
- There is limitation of quality if the distance of device is too much
- You might need mounting device / Tripod for smooth experience
by following above steps, you can easily make facetime video calls from apple tv. follow the below steps to know how to do this without apple tv.
Facetime Video Call Without Apple TV
There are number of smart TVs available in the market which has good market dominance. Brands Like Sony, Samsung and LG are manufacturing android TV and Smart TV as well. There is a trick to use facetime on android tv or smart tv with few hardware requirements. Check Facetime for android devices.
Mainly, Android TV or Smart TV comes with HDMI slot. We can use these slots for chromecast, firestick and other smart tv devices. follow the below steps to learn how to use facetime on smart tv other than apple tv.
with firestick, we can share our screen just like airplay. its kind of Airplay mirroring but with the help of firestick and airbeamtv app.
AirbeamTV app is good tool / app for firestick and smart tv which can mirror screen of iPhones and iPads.
Just Download the AirBeamTV on your firestick through amazon app store. (click here for link)
make sure both of your iPhone and Firestick are connected with the same Wireless Network.
Now you can follow the previous steps mentioned in the above video to mirror your screen smoothly like apple tv. you can place facetime video and audio calls and you can see every details on your smart tv.
Facetime Video Call From Smart TV
There is another option to make facetime calls on non apple tv. actually, apple has tied up with few smart tv companies to have Airplay bydefault installed with the box. Companies like sony, LG and vizio are providing airplay by default. check the following list. if your television is the same that has been mentioned in the list, then you’ve chance to use facetime without any hardware requirements.
- LG OLED (2019, 2020)*
- LG NanoCell NANO 9, 8 series (2020)*
- LG UHD UN 8 series (2020)*
- LG UHD UN 71 series or above (2020)*
- LG NanoCell SM 9, 8 series (2019)
- LG UHD UM 7, 6 series (2019)
- Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018)
- Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018, 2019)
- Samsung QLED 8K Q9 Series (2019)
- Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019)
- Samsung Serif Series (2019)
- Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018, 2019)
- Sony Z8H Series (2020)*
- Sony A9S Series (2020)*
- Sony A8H Series (2020)*
- Sony X95H Series (2020)*
- Sony X90H Series (2020)*
- Sony X85H Series (2020)*
- Sony X80H Series (2020)*
- Sony Z9G Series (2019)
- Sony A9G Series (2019)
- Sony X950G Series (2019)
- Sony X850G Series (2019 55”, 65”, 75”, and 85” models)
- Sony Z9F Series (2018)
- Sony A9F Series (2018)
- VIZIO OLED (2020)*
- VIZIO P-Series Quantum X (2019, 2020)*
- VIZIO P-Series Quantum (2018, 2019, 2020)*
- VIZIO P-Series (2016, 2017, 2018)
- VIZIO M-Series Quantum (2019, 2020)*
- VIZIO M-Series (2016, 2017, 2018)
- VIZIO E-Series (2016, 2017, and 2018 UHD models)
- VIZIO V-Series (2019, 2020)*
- VIZIO D-Series (2018, 2019)
so this is it. i think now your all the problems related to facetime on apple tv has been solved. i hope you liked it. incase of any questions, do let us know in comments. we are also keen to know if you’ve any other method to use facetime on easily. thanks ^_^.