Audacity for chromebook is considered as one of the most popular audio recording software in the multimedia industry. This software is well known among the video recorders as well as audio designers because of its affordability and mass reach for all the users.
As we all know that most of the audio editing software is quite expensive and they only come up with a 10 to 14 days free subscription but this is not the case with Audacity.
Every feature available on Audacity including the plugins and download programs are free of cost. Not only this, Audacity runs over most of the operating system whether it is Linux based device, Windows operating system or Mac OS device. check facetime on chromebook.
The process of installing and downloading Audacity is quite simple but the sad part is Audacity does not work for the Chrome-based devices such as Chromebook and many more.
In this article, we will discuss some of the reasons why Audacity for Chromebook is unavailable and what are the alternatives that can be obtained from the digital market.
Why Audacity for Chromebook is Unavailable
Basically, there are two main reasons for why Audacity is not suitable for the Chrome based devices. Although it is a great application but it does not operate on the Chrome operating system.
- Chromebook has very small memory and storage space: Audacity is an amazing application-based audio recording software which requires much larger space in terms of memory and installation of high-quality data content. In case, Audacity is installed in a small disc device then there is a little possibility that it will function accurately without causing any discomfort in its functioning.
Moreover, Audacity for Chromebook is not a good idea for a highly professional videographer as this software requires easy portability with the WxWidgets. It creates a pathway for all the designers and developers to establish qualified applications and run it over different platforms. Thus, Audacity needs to have portability of some of your libraries with the built-in application.
- Chrome based devices are designed for the cloud-based applications: Audacity is an affordable standalone application that can not be easily accessed over the web browsers. Whereas, Chromebook is especially designed to meet the tailor-made requirements of the users so that they could use the cloud-based applications and have full access to the remote web programs. Therefore, Audacity for Chromebook is like joining two extreme functionalities together just to solve the purpose of Audio recording more effectively which is wrong.
Audacity is an open source software program that is accessible to all and can be downloaded and installed into your computer system without the use of internet connection in it.
There are many possibilities to make the two of them work together but it would cost a number of complicated series of processes and programs. Merely the highly qualified professional programming experts would be able to work Audacity for Chromebook. So, does it conclude that we have no other substitute for Audacity for Chromebook or we can use some sophisticated alternatives. Well of course we can.
Audacity for Chromebook Alternatives
There are a plethora of alternatives available online that not only provides a smart way for editing and recording of audio files but can also be accessed free of cost. Now, let’s have a lo at some of the most affordable audio editing tools that can easily be downloaded over the internet on the Chrome OS device:
- Audio Converter: Audio Converter is an easy to use online platform that is free of cost and performs the function of a converter. The main purpose of this application is to convert the audio files into different formats depending upon the preferences of the user. Not only this, it is also very helpful in the extraction of a video or audio file using advanced features and customization settings.
- Audiotool: Audiotool is an amazing publishing platform that helps all the videographers and musicians around the world to share their works with others. It is a cloud-based application that functions as a medium for showcasing their original music online. Moreover, you can also add sound effects and synthesizers in order to create a special sound to the music. There is no restriction on the use of this application and you are free t create your own music in whichever direction you want it to be.
- TwistedWave: It is regarded as one of the highly preferred alternatives to Audacity for audio recording purposes. The interesting part about it is that it can also be used online through a web browser. The process of using TwistedWave is quite simple, you just need to import some audio file from your PC to the TwistedWave and edit it in your own creative way using the formatting effects, audio specials etc. and then save the file and export it using any of the suitable audio formats.
Steps to Find Audio Recording Alternatives Online
Given below are some of the essential steps for installing audio editing tools using an online connection over a Chrome OS device:
- Open Chrome Web Store.
- Now go to the search box and type the name of the audio application which you wish to search for. A list containing all the associated names will appear on the screen.
- Then, select the application which you want to choose and click on Add to Chrome.
- You will see that a dialog box will appear. Just open Add Extension and the icon will move to the right side of your search bar.
- When the installation will be done, you can click on the extension and see where the application is being imported on your device. This extension will redirect you to the address bar where you can start your work in the application.
- That’s it. You may initiate with your audio recording and music creation.
Although Audacity for Chromebook is not possible right now, still software designers are working on creating a greater number of substitutes and alternatives for the users in order to avoid inconvenience. check out imessage for chromebook.